We hope you have been well, and we are so happy we will be seeing you soon. We are pleased to be able to OPEN! We are planning a slow start to allow extra time with patients and time to continually disinfect the office for you. Your safety and that of our team are our top priorities.
The first week, we are prioritizing patients with dental emergencies, who were not seen during the time we were closed. We know many of you missed your scheduled restorative and hygiene appointments during this time, and we are working diligently to get you rescheduled. Thank you for your patience!
Your health and safety are our top priority! Please be aware that our dental practice has chosen to implement infection control and sterilization standards that exceed any guidelines or legal requirements. This is our gift to you and your family.
You may see some changes when it is time for your appointment. We have a thorough screening process and new office protocols. Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask the screening questions and review the protocols. If we are not able to contact you before your appointment, we will not be able to proceed with your appointment at this time. Please be ready for our call.
What you can do to help:
• Please reschedule your appointment if you have had a fever, cough, sore throat, loss of smell or taste, difficulty breathing, or extreme fatigue in the last 3 weeks or if you have been exposed to a Covid-19 patient.
• Please wait in your car, and we will text or call you to let you know when your dental treatment room is ready.
• Please maintain social distance of 6 feet from other patients and the dental team while inside.
• All patients are required to wear a mask when entering our practice. Cloth face masks are acceptable. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you.
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the treatment room. You will also find hand sanitizer in the reception area and other places in the office to use as needed.
• Your temperature will be taken.
• We will screen you for any symptoms and update your health history.
• You will be asked to rinse your mouth with a hydrogen peroxide solution.
• Team members will be wearing extra protective equipment.
• As always, equipment is sterilized, and surfaces are thoroughly disinfected.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Caron & Dr. Jones and the Dental Care Team